What’s for Dinner?
My parent’s kitchen is typically in disarray, but NOTHING like this one! I almost get frightened looking at the picture. Will I ever be able to cook a meal in this room? (That’s a trick question … I don’t cook!)
So – the
original, beautiful sketch by our talented designer, Sandy, placed cabinetry
with glass fronts above the existing cabinets to the ceiling. It also brought the cabinets on either side
of the gas range down to the counter level.
Very cool! Unfortunately, it
wasn’t meant to be … As you can see, that area has been taken over by pipes,
bulkheads, and whatever else they need to transport air and other unsavory
items from the above new bathroom.
Disappointed! C’est la vie!
Of all the
rooms, I think I am most excited about this one. Not that I am a gourmet cook (I can make a
mean cup of tea!), but I found some very beautiful finishing touches, and can’t
wait to see them! Two Thomas O’Brien Hicks
pendants will hang over the kitchen windows.
Recessed lights will be placed in various spots to complete the lighting. The range wall will be graced with stunning
hand painted tile. It will take weeks to
come in, but I think it will be well worth the wait!
Our
wonderful floor wizard, Gene Mills, has just popped our bubble – telling us
that the subflooring we had hoped to use is not salvageable. So bummed – but on the up side, he will
replace it with 5” wide oak. Of course
that will add to the budget overage, but I’m sure in the long run, it will be
worth it. At least that’s what I keep
telling my Daddy!!!! Something smells
spoiled in this kitchen … oh yeah … ME!



Comments
Post a Comment