To Keep or Not to Keep … that is the Question
To Keep or Not to Keep … that is the Question
The biggest dilemma faced thus far is what type of
heating/air system to use. Our neighbor
used a fabulous high velocity heat pump system – minimizing unsightly chases
and keeping a few radiators for back up.
We considered it, but decided to go with a gas furnace and removal of
all radiators. I hated thinking about
destroying one of the historic elements of the house, but gaining some valuable
floor space sweetened the thought. Several
of the more decorative ones were harder to part with … but two were cracked and
managed to completely destroy the hardwood floors under them with their
constant drip.
Not sure I’ll know how to act without the hissing and
clanging of the radiators in the middle of the night. After living in an 1892 Victorian farm house
for over 20 years, my ears have become accustomed to the sound. I hope we made the right decision!



Comments
Post a Comment