Let's Make A Deal



I’ll take what’s behind Door #1, Monty! 

After many family discussions and collaboration with Spark Horse Design, we decided to place the new bath in an existing closet.  Yes, you heard me correctly … a neat and tidy new bath!  Demolition was quick (and partially done by Daddy, Mom, and me!).  The Owens’ troupe finished it off – including revealing some fabulous old brick.  My first wish was exposed brick in the kitchen, but it just wasn’t meant to be… oh well – can’t win ‘em all!  I’m thrilled with the look of this wall – even in its most primitive state.   Our expert mason, Wally from Artistic Masonry Contractors, Inc. , will cast his magic powers on it soon.  Can’t wait to see the finished product.  The other exciting bit will be the restoration of an original window.  (see the concrete blocks)  It should make the exterior elevation so much more interesting and similar to our twin.  New walls are going up tomorrow, and the “third” bedroom will be transformed into a bath, laundry room, closet, and office. 

Glad I chose the right door … the grand prize is mine!


Door #1
Before

After


Comments